November 04, 2008

Mark Farina


So I have been a bit slack. This whole having a job thing somehow solidifies the head every evening reminiscent of hardening concrete. That with the 2 day recovery from the gig has put me behind. It was a late one kicking off about midnight and finally got in about 5 am. Regardless, it was ROCK SOLID, and well worth the decade wait I have had to endure to see one the world's finest technical djs. He was on form with some seriously bumping beats. He dropped a classy Marvin Gaye remix of "What's Going On" along with some usual hip-hop inspired sounds. It was a constant bump, every time you looked around you didn't see a still person all the way up to 4 am. As for the djs I have seen, Mark Farina definitely was more approachable and willing to get down to the fan's level. This was really good to see, someone so influential in the music of this time who was just happy to be with anybody who was digging it. All in all I would say this was one of the top 5 gigs I have been privileged to be a part of... Thanks Mark!

No comments: