October 22, 2008

Something (not) So Funny


So I was reserving this space for a bit of humor. I mean who wants to just gripe, or moan, or wank on about the state of the world? Our depressing economy? A presidential election? I wise someone once said, "It is easier to say what you don't like than what you do." Oh so true.

So I have been meandering through the mire of stagnation... or sitting still for those less dramatic, and it seems to get tougher by the day. There is something to be said for free wheeling through life. It seems as though most of the modern ails I appear to have cropped up only because I stopped moving. Now that I am still it makes them worse. Sometimes things are viewed much easier in passing. Like in the back of a taxi while passing a wreck. I am not sure that my being attached to this scene is of any help to said scene!

I live right outside of King's Cross in Sydney and for all the travelers out there you know it can be the biggest scary smile you have ever seen on a weekend. I pass through it sometimes and just look in disgust. How could society become this manky? But then, I have a few saturday night beverages on the other side at the Darlo Bar, a personal fav, and end up walking back through to get home. It always seems to be more alive and colorful... as if maybe it is looking at me with same eyes saying how could he be that manky?!

Maybe I am just worried that the burbs have eyes! Alas though they do not. Thankfully at least the week has shed a little light my way as I will be photographing Kraftwerk when they touch down in Sydney in 4 weeks. Music always brings the week back up.

No comments: