October 13, 2008

What happens when you stop moving?

A good question no?

The thought does scare me a bit but what can you do. This year sees me settling down in Sydney in search of things I can't quite put my finger on. Don't get me wrong, when settling down a city of 4.28 million people is a good start. Tons to do and see, plenty of niches and cracks to fall into. Forgive me for saying so, but this doesn't feel completely right. Look I have always loved Sydney as a stop over, a small break, or even a week away. This city is pretty serious on the scale crawl to breaking land speed records. Travel has taught me that not all cities are meant for everyone, I love Paris, but it still holds more bad memories than good ones.
Needless to say this little hiccup in time here in Sydney is destined to have some of those adult like leaning curves. Domesticity is not something you pick up over night and I find most days I feel like a dog allowed in who is knowingly going to pee on the carpet but has no way of stopping it. Couple that with the almighty job hunt in this lack luster global economy and one might come to see why at least 3 cups of coffee are necessary to make it through the day. Where does it all lead is the big question, what happens at the end just seems a bit large at the moment.
So all these years that have passed I swore I would kick start this blog. Seems I was too busy traveling. Most of my traveling stories rank up there on some weird Tucker Max level which do not always make them conducive to randomly sharing. I guess that's what happens when you live for the night and photograph those that do.
Bring on the hindsight and I'll see what bits I can dredge up for you. It all begins here, it has to go somewhere, might as well do the driving.

No comments: